home > rossmere-b

History of Rossmere-B

Home

Rossmere-B was part of the City of East Kildonan (incorporated July 1, 1957) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

Rossmere-B includes some of the oldest residential structures in the northeast portion of the City of Winnipeg, some of the houses date to 1913-1914. Some of the dwellings were built between the two World Wars but the majority of modest housing in the neighbourhood was built after World War II, the vast majority in the 1950s.