home > mcleod industrial

History of McLeod Industrial

Home

McLeod Industrial was part of the Rural Municipality of North Kildonan (incorporated in 1925) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

This neighbourhood developed in the mid-1960s, with a number of large businesses locating their factories there, including Palliser Furniture Limited. Its residential component is found in the southeast portion of the neighbourhood and dates to the late 1970s and early 1980s.