home > fairfield park

History of Fairfield Park

Home

Fairfield Park was part of the Rural Municipality of Fort Garry (incorporated in 1912) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

This neighbourhood includes residential structures along Lee Boulevard that date to the 1910s, 1920s and 1930s, although the majority of residential building stock dates to development in the last decade. Commercial property is found on the west side of Pembina Highway and the south side of Bison Drive.