home > edgeland

History of Edgeland

Home

Edgeland was part of the Town of Tuxedo when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

Edgeland is a very small neighbourhood located on the eastern extremities of the Town of Tuxedo as it was created in 1912. It features only a small amount of residential development - Canadian forces housing along Kenaston Boulevard and large apartment blocks along Tuxedo Avenue. A large shopping centre is also found in the neighbourhood.