home > chevrier

History of Chevrier

Home

Chevrier was part of the Rural Municipality of Fort Garry (incorporated in 1912) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

Chevrier is part of the Fort Garry industrial development that occurred after World War II and continued into the 1970s. Its connections to major roadways and railway lines have made it a desirable location for many of the City's major manufacturers and businesses.