home > buffalo

History of Buffalo

Home

Buffalo was part of the Rural Municipality of Fort Garry (incorporated in 1912) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

Buffalo is part of the Fort Garry industrial development that occurred after World War II - continuing into the 1970s. A number of large companies have located in this neighbourhood, as well as the Winnipeg Soccer Complex, the Church of the Rock, Motor Coach Industries and the provincial government.