home > kil-cona park

History of Kil-Cona Park


Kil-cona Park was part of the Rural Municipality of North Kildonan (incorporated in 1925) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

This neighbourhood features single family detached dwellings in its east and northwest corners, most dating from the 1970s; although some construction has occurred in the last decade. Almost all the remainder of the property is taken up by the 14.4-hectare Harbourview Recreation Complex that includes a 9-hole public golf course, tennis courts, a restaurant, a man-made lake and other amenities.