home > assiniboia downs

History of Assiniboia Downs

Heritage Resources

This neighbourhood is named for the major facility within its borders, Assiniboia Downs Race Track, opened in 1958. Also found here are Red River Exhibition Park, the Exhibition's [1] permanent home since 1997, and a automotive development with several dealerships located around a man-made lake.

[1] The Red River Exhibition, "The Ex," has been operating since 1952.