home > william whyte

Welcome to the William Whyte Neighbourhood

Home
Map
Census

The William Whyte neighbourhood is bounded by Redwood Avenue on the north, Selkirk Avenue to Salter Street and then the south lot limit on the south side of Selkirk Avenue on the south, Arlington Street on the west and Main Street on the east.

It is named in honour of Sir William Whyte (1843-1914), Canadian Pacific Railway executive who moved to Winnipeg and became the company's superintendent of the CPR's western division in 1886. After 1900, he was responsible for solving the blockage of grain east from the prairies, for expanding the Company's lines to serve the growing population in Western Canada and all aspects of planning, financing, and carrying out thousands of major construction projects throughout the region.

European Meats and Sausages

533 Burrows Ave

William Norrie Centre

485 Selkirk Ave

Miskobiik Training Centre Inc.

473 Selkirk Ave

Selkirk Av at Salter St

Boundaries with William Whyte, Dufferin and Lord Selkirk Park

Strathcona School

233 Mckenzie St

William Whyte neighbourhood row houses

Iglesia de Cristo Misionera Inc. Church

533 Aberdeen Ave

Luda's Deli

410 Aberdeen Ave

Burrows Ave looking west from Main St

Choose a Neighbourhood