home > valley gardens

History of Valley Gardens

Home

Valley Gardens was part of the Rural Municipality of North Kildonan (created in 1925) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

Valley Gardens is a large residential district in northeastern Winnipeg. It includes schools, a number of parks, commercial property along Gateway Road and McLeod Avenue and ConcordiaHospital, an important Winnipeg institution founded in 1928 by Russian Mennonite immigrants that located in the neighbourhood in 1965. Recent expansion of the hospital has included a personal care home built in 1998 (Concordia Place) and an assisted living facility built in 2007 (ConcordiaVillage).