home > templeton-sinclair

History of Templeton-Sinclair

Home

Templeton-Sinclair was part of two municipalities, north of Templeton Avenue was part of the Rural Municipality of Old Kildonan (incorporated in 1921) and south was the Cit of West Kildonan (incorporated in 1961) when the area became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

Templeton-Sinclair is a residential development that dates to the 1980s, with more construction in subsequent decades. It includes multi-tenant and single-family dwellings, playgrounds and parks, recreational space and commercial property, a shopping centre, in its southwest corner. Seven Oaks Gardens Housing Cooperative, a 136-unit row housing development on Jack Donner Drive, is also found in the southern portion of the neighbourhood.