home > sargent park

History of Sargent Park

Home
Heritage Buildings
Heritage Resources

Sargent Park was part of the City of Winnipeg when it amalgamated with the surrounding municipalities to form the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

The neighbourhood of Sargent Park is extremely varied: with light industrial/warehouse districts along Erin and Wall street in the middle of the neighbourhood as well as along its western border and the Canadian Pacific Railway line; commercial property along Ellice Avenue, Sargent Avenue and Notre Dame Avenue; extensive residential development - mostly single family dwellings - in the eastern area (mostly dating from the 1900-1915 era) and the west (some from 1900-1915, most from the 1940s-1960s); recreational space (Sargent Park Recreational Complex and Clifton Community Club); and public schools including Principal Sparling and Tec Voc.