home > rivergrove

History of Rivergrove

Home
Heritage Buildings
Heritage Resources

Rivergrove was part of the Rural Municipality of Old Kildonan (incorporated in 1921) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

Rivergrove is another of the old residential neighbourhoods of Winnipeg, seeing permanent settlement shortly after the arrival of the Selkirk Settlers in 1812-1813. For many decades is saw little development, remaining rural with large tracts of farmland. More recently, commercial property has been developed along Main Street as new residential property has been built. The neighbourhood includes a trailer park, a multi-tenant development and the RoshPinaMemorial Park in the north end of the neighbourhood.