home > richmond west

History of Richmond West

Home

Richmond West was part of the Rural Municipality of Fort Garry (incorporated in 1912) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

The development of the residential component of this neighbourhood occurred earlier in the south, most of the housing dating to the 1980s with some construction in the 1990s. In the north, single family dwellings occurred in the late 1990s and the majority in the early 2000s. Commercial and multi-tenant development is located along Pembina Highway and there is some industrial property along the neighbourhood's southern border ( Perimeter Highway ).