home > richmond lakes

History of Richmond Lakes

Home

Richmond Lakes was part of the Rural Municipality of Fort Garry (incorporated in 1912) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

This area of single family homes, lakes and parks was developed initially in the late 1970s, with addition streets and residential property developed in the decade to follow.