home > niakwa place

History of Niakwa Place

Home

Niakwa Place was part of the City of St. Vital when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972. The residential development of Niakwa Place is separated into the northeast corner of the neighbourhood, built in the late 1960s and the south portion, which has slowly developed since the early 1970s.

The neighbourhood has included, since its establishment in 1923, the 18-hole Niakwa Country Club.