home > mynarski

History of Mynarski

Home

Mynarski was part of the City of Winnipeg when it amalgamated with surrounding municipalities to form the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

Most of the Mynarski neighbourhood's residential building stock dates to the 1950s, the area also includes churches and schools. It was named for Andrew Charles Mynarski (1914-1944), a local boy who received the Victoria Cross for bravery during the Second World War as a member of the Royal Canadian Air Force when he lost his life trying to save a trapped crew member. A monument to Mynarski is found near the front entrance to KildonanPark.

A Manitoba Hydro power line runs along the west side of the neighbourhood.