home > kildonan crossing

History of Kildonan Crossing

Home

Kildonan Crossing was part of the City of East Kildonan (incorporated July 1, 1957) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

This neighbourhood was originally known as Munroe East Annex, taking its new name from the large shopping centre that takes up most of its property, built in the late 1980s and added to with additional commercial property to the north in the late 1990s. A church and older farmhouse and some vacant land are found in the north portion of the neighbourhood.