home > ebby-wentworth

History of Ebby-Wentworth

Home
Heritage Resources

Ebby-Wentworth was part of the City of Winnipeg when it amalgamated with the surrounding municipalities to form the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

Ebby-Wentworth is a wedge-shaped neighbourhood in the Fort Rouge area of the City. It is comprised of a commercial/light industrial area along its eastern border (Pembina Highway and Canadian National Railways' Fort Rouge Yards) and residential development, most of it built after 1920 including wartime houses built in the 1940s.