home > beaumont

History of Beaumont

Home

Beaumont was part of the Rural Municipality of Fort Garry (incorporated in 1912) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

Beaumont, located in the northern part of what became the Rural Municipality of Fort Garry in 1912, was one of the earliest developed residential districts in the Municipality, much of it consisting of single-family dwellings. It is located west of Pembina Highway and Beaumont Street represents the approximate boundary between the older section to the east and the newer homes to the west. The older section features houses built from the 1920s to the 1950s, the newer in the late 1950s and early 1960s. Little new development has occurred since this time.